Ascent is a map in the popular multiplayer first-person shooter game, Valorant. It is one of the original maps that was available when the game was first released in 2020.
In Valorant, players are split into two teams of five players each, and they take turns attacking and defending different sites on the map. Ascent is a map set in Venice, Italy, and it features a central plaza with two bomb sites located at opposite ends of the map.
The defenders have the advantage of being able to set up defensive positions around these bomb sites, while the attackers need to coordinate their movements to take control of the sites and plant the bomb.
This map is known for its wide open spaces and long sightlines, making it a map that rewards players who can aim accurately and position themselves strategically. It is one of the most popular maps in the game and is frequently played in both casual and competitive modes.
Table of Contents
Where is Ascent?
In the game Valorant, Ascent is a map set in the city of Venice, Italy. It features a central plaza surrounded by buildings and alleyways, and the two bomb sites are located at opposite ends of the map.
The architecture and design of the map are inspired by the real-life city of Venice, which is known for its canals, bridges, and historic buildings. However, it is important to note that while Ascent is inspired by Venice, it is not an exact replica and includes elements that are unique to the game.
6 Tips of Playing Ascent in Valorant
Here are a few tips that can help you play Ascent in Valorant:
Communication is key
As with any multiplayer game, communication is important when playing on Ascent. Make sure to communicate with your team to coordinate your movements, call out enemy positions, and plan your attacks.
Watch your flanks
Ascent has several alleyways and side paths that can be used to flank your opponents. Keep an eye on these areas and make sure to check them regularly to avoid getting caught off guard.
Control the mid
The central plaza on Ascent is a key area that can be used to control the map. If you can gain control of the mid, you can rotate quickly to either of the bomb sites and catch your opponents off guard.
Use utility to your advantage
Ascent has several choke points that can be easily defended by your opponents. Use your utility, such as smokes and flashes, to create openings and take control of these areas.
Take advantage of elevation
Ascent features several areas with elevated positions that can be used to gain a tactical advantage. Use these areas to spot enemy movements and take shots from unexpected angles.
Play to your team’s strengths
As with any map in Valorant, different team compositions and playstyles can work on Ascent. Make sure to play to your team’s strengths and adapt your strategy based on the strengths and weaknesses of your opponents.
Ascent Valorant Callouts
Effective communication is crucial when playing Valorant on Ascent, and using clear and concise callouts can help your team coordinate movements and take control of the map. Here are some of the best callouts to use on Ascent:
- A Main: This callout refers to the main entrance leading to the A bomb site. It is located on the eastern side of the map.
- A Heaven: This callout refers to the elevated area overlooking the A bomb site from the western side of the map.
- A Site: This callout refers to the A bomb site itself.
- B Main: This callout refers to the main entrance leading to the B bomb site. It is located on the western side of the map.
- B Heaven: This callout refers to the elevated area overlooking the B bomb site from the eastern side of the map.
- B Site: This callout refers to the B bomb site itself.
- Mid: This callout refers to the central plaza area of the map, which can be used to rotate quickly between the A and B bomb sites.
- Market: This callout refers to the area on the western side of the map that includes several shops and an open area that can be used for flanking.
- Tiles: This callout refers to the area near the A bomb site that features several tiles and a small fountain.
Here are some of the site-wise callouts
- A Switch/Doors
- Green Box
- A Main
- Boat House
- Mid Market
- Double green
- Triple green
Ascent Mid callouts
- Mid Market
Best Agents for Ascent in Valorant
Ascent is a map in Valorant that features long sightlines and open spaces, so it rewards players who can aim accurately and position themselves strategically. Here are some of the best agents to use on Ascent:
- Jett: Jett is a highly mobile agent that can use her abilities to quickly move around the map and take control of key areas. Her mobility makes her a great option for flanking and taking control of the mid area.
- Sova: Sova is an agent that can use his abilities to gather information about enemy positions and movements. He can also use his drone to check corners and areas that are difficult to access, which can be useful on a map like Ascent.
- Viper: Viper is an agent that can use her abilities to control areas of the map and deny access to the enemy team. Her smokes can be used to create openings for your team, while her toxic screen can be used to block off areas and restrict enemy movements.
- Killjoy: Killjoy is an agent that can set up traps and turrets to control areas of the map. Her abilities can be used to hold down choke points and prevent the enemy team from advancing.
- Sage: Sage is an agent that can heal her teammates and revive fallen teammates. Her abilities can be used to hold down key areas of the map and keep your team alive.
It’s important to note that the best agents for Ascent may vary depending on your playstyle and the composition of your team. Make sure to experiment with different agents and find the ones that work best for you and your team.